Highway Construction Training
Are you a woman or minority looking for a better paying job but don't have the necessary skills? Obtain low cost training and the skills required for a job in highway construction.
After completing the Highway Construction Training you may have the opportunity to earn your commercial drivers license in an additional six weeks.
You Will Learn
- How to operate hand and power tools
- Blueprint reading
- Basic math
- You must be willing to work in highway construction.
- You will need to dedicate at least four weeks to training.
- You must be a woman or a minority and be an Iowa resident.
- You will need to be available to attend daytime training sessions.
Highway Construction Training meets Monday through Thursday from 1:00-4:00pm at Hawkeye's Metro Center.
The next program start days are to be determined.
How Do I Get Started
Contact the prevocational training facilitator for more information.