Highway Construction Training
Are you a woman or minority looking for a better paying job but don't have the necessary skills? Obtain low cost training and the skills required for a job in highway construction.
After completing the Highway Construction Training you may have the opportunity to earn your commercial drivers license in an additional six weeks.
You Will Learn
- How to operate hand and power tools
- Blueprint reading
- Basic math
- You must be willing to work in highway construction.
- You will need to dedicate at least four weeks to training.
- You must be a woman or a minority and be an Iowa resident.
- You will need to be available to attend daytime training sessions.
Highway Construction Training meets at Hawkeye's Van G. Miller Adult Learning Center.
The next program start days are to be determined.
How Do I Get Started
Contact the prevocational training facilitator for more information.