WE Build Waterloo is a community-based program that provides career training, career counseling, resume assistance, interview preparation, and team building and personal skills development for those with employment barriers.
It provides financial support to Introduction to Construction Trades Pre-Apprenticeship, a recognized pre-apprenticeship program, where individuals learn high-demand construction skills and earn industry-recognized certifications while engaging in a residential construction or rehabilitation project of a home to later be sold to a local, lower-income families.
- Increases the talent pipeline
- Reduces poverty with education
- Connects students and employers
WE Build Waterloo is made possible due to the generosity of our community. You can help in a variety of ways.
- Time and Talent: skilled professionals can help with installation projects (ex. electrical, flooring, drywall, etc.) and student mentoring
- Supplies: building materials, tools, and equipment
- Financial: donations help fill the gaps
What You Get
- Recognition as a program partner
- Opportunity to interview students as potential employees for your organization
- A gift recognized by the Hawkeye Community College Foundation
Roof Raisers: $75,000+
Finishing Workers: $40,000 – $74,999
Home Framers: $20,000 – $39,999
Site Preppers: $3,000 – $9,999
Construction Planners: $500 – $2,999