Customer Service Foundations
This course offers guidelines and best practices for providing outstanding customer service that will enable participants to build, maintain, and increase a loyal customer base.
- Define customer service
- Understand who your customers are
- Understand qualifies and characteristics of a good service provider
- Demonstrate empathy
- Adaptability to different generations
- Demonstrate how to calm an upset customer
- Understanding how your emotions impact the customer service you provide
- Articulate the value of a new customer versus retaining an existing customer
- Explain reasons customers leave an organization
- Define who your customers are
- Define the qualities and characteristics of a good service provider
- Describe ways you can build customer rapport.
- Recognize and demonstrate active listening
- Demonstrate words and tone of voice impact customer rapport.
- Demonstrate mirroring/matching communication styles
- Recognize customer’s emotions
- Demonstrate how you can show empathy to a customer.
- Explain how generations have been influenced by their past.
- Describe why it is important to work with each generation differently
Calming Upset Customers
- Describe right/left brain influence on customer service
- Describe the influential communications model
- Demonstrate saying “no” positively
- Explain the 5 Step Service Recovery Strategy
- Explain how your own emotions can impact the customer service you provide
- State the four factors of emotional intelligence