This course provides guidelines and best practices enabling participants to work over the phone with customers, and present an image that reflects confidence, credibility, and capability.
- Describe how communicating over the phone is different than face to face.
- Greet, transfer and place a caller on hold properly.
- Answer questions professionally and thoroughly.
- Handle upset customers.
Customer Service Over the Telephone
- Define effective communication.
- Explain how communication is different over the telephone.
- Explain effective listening.
Greet Customers / Represent Your Business
- Demonstrate how words and tone of voice impact customer service over the telephone
Answer questions professionally and thoroughly
- Demonstrate how to respond to tough customer questions when providing customer support.
Transfer a Caller/Take a Message/Put a Caller on Hold
- Demonstrate the proper way to transfer a caller
- Demonstrate how to take a proper message
- Explain when it is appropriate and how to put a call on hold
Handle Upset Customers
- Describe the benefits of an upset customer
- Explain the 5 Step Service Recovery Strategy
- Explain things you should and shouldn’t do with an upset customer