Community Job Openings
By: Career Services Center
Date Published: Thursday, January 28, 2016
Are you looking for a job while you are in school or a job in your chosen field? Start by logging into your Hawkeye Job Board account to begin searching for these jobs.
- 2D CAD Internship #4357302
- Building Materials Representative #4362114
- Civil Engineering Summer Intern #4355076
- Electronic Technician #4360262
- Home Health Aide #4359009
- Management Opportunities #4352609
- Nursing Assistant (CNA) #4350771
- Nursing Staff Member: RN or LPN #4361444
- Police Officer #4359220
- Receptionist #4357078
- Surveillance Operator #4358587
- Service/Sales Associate #4357974
- Welder/Iron Worker #4360829
- Youth Associate #4351090
- Plus many more part-time, full-time, and internship opportunities!
More job resources.
The Power of Positive Thinking During the Job Search
All of the aspects that go into job searching can be overwhelming. If we do not get the results for which we are looking, we have a tendency to gain a negative attitude about the process. Others are able to detect that negativity, including employers. Being and staying positive can go a long way. Here are some tips to help you stay upbeat:
Take a break from searching for jobs to clear your thoughts and reevaluate your plan.
Explore volunteering opportunities. Not only are you lending a helping hand, but you can use current skills and gain new ones in the process. It is also a chance to network in the community.
Find someone who can serve as your mentor or sounding board. With that person, you should be able to vent your frustrations as well as generate new ideas and goals.
Stay healthy by eating well and exercising. A positive body leads to a positive mind.
Career Services Center
Bremer Hall 102
Regular Hours—Spring 2016
|Mon ||8:00am–4:30pm |
|Tues ||8:00am–6:00pm |
|Wed–Fri ||8:00am–4:30pm |
Winter Break Hours