Hawkeye Community College to Host Health Careers Open House June 14
posted on Thursday, June 1, 2023 in
WATERLOO–Hawkeye Community College will host a Health Careers Open House on Wednesday, June 14, from 5:00-7:00pm in Tama Hall on Hawkeye’s Main Campus, 1501 E. Orange Road, Waterloo, Iowa.
The need for skilled healthcare workers has never been greater. For example, Iowa Workforce Development projects that Iowa must staff 9,000 additional home health and personal care aids and 2,500 additional nurses each year to keep up with demand.
The open house will showcase more than 20 healthcare careers. Visitors can talk to instructors, explore different training options, and learn about transfer plans, scholarships, and financial aid.
For more information, call 319-296-4290 or visit www.hawkeyecollege.edu/health-open-house.
- Allied Health
- Business and Community Education
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Certified Professional Medical Coder
- Dental Assisting
- Dental Hygiene
- Emergency Medical Services
- Health Support Professional
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Laboratory Technology
- Medical Office Specialist
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Patient Access and Front Desk
- Pharmacy Technician
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Respiratory Care