Mount Mercy University Department of Nursing: Prerequisites and Core Curriculum Requirements
The RN to BSN transfer program requires students to have a 2.70 minimum cumulative GPA, a current and active RN license, and must be working at least part-time in the nursing profession.
Cumulative GPAs lower than 2.70 may be considered for conditional admission
Transfer course requirements are subject to change without notice. Please check with a Mount Mercy University advisor for verification of courses.
- BIO-112 General Biology I
- BIO-186 Microbiology
- CHM-132 Introduction to Organic & Biochemistry *
* CHM-122 is a course prerequisite to CHM-132.
- ENG-105 Composition I
- ENG-106 Composition II
- SPC-101 Fundamentals of Oral Communication
Psychology and Sociology
- PSY-111 Introduction to Psychology
- PSY-121 Developmental Psychology
- SOC-110 Introduction to Sociology
Certified Nursing Assistant Course (CNA)
PNN-100 Nursing Assistant **
** The coursework is required, however, the State of Iowa Certification exam is not required unless working as a CNA.
Mount Mercy University University Graduation Requirements
These following courses are not prerequisites for the nursing program but are needed to graduate. Students may choose to take the courses at Hawkeye prior to transferring -OR- the courses may be taken at Mount Mercy with nursing courses.
- BIO-151 Nutrition
- BIO-168 Human Anatomy & Physiology I AND ***
- BIO-173 Human Anatomy & Physiology II ***
*** Anatomy & Physiology I and II must be taken at the same institution to ensure proper transfer.