Allen College—UnityPoint Health Course Equivalency Guide: RN to BSN
Students interested in the RN to BSN program at Allen College—UnityPoint Health should take the each of the following courses.
- ENG-105 Composition I
- ENG-106 Composition II
- Humanities electives * (9 credits)
Humanities elective is defined by Allen College as Art, Music, Theater, Dance, English, Foreign Language, Philosophy, History, Cultures, Civilization, Literature, Religion, Economics, and Communication Arts electives.
- SOC-110 Intro to Sociology
- PSY-111 Intro to Psychology
- PSY-121 ** Developmental Psychology
- Social Science electives * (6 credits)
Social Science elective is defined by Allen College as Geography, History, Political Science, Psychology, Social Work, Sociology, Anthropology, and Criminology electives.
- BIO-168 Human Anatomy & Physiology I w/lab ** -AND-
BIO-173 Human Anatomy & Physiology II w/lab ** (must be taken at the same institution as A&P I)
- BIO-186 Microbiology **
- BIO-151 Nutrition **
- MAT-156 Statistics **
- Diversity elective * (any course exploring another culture; for example, courses with the corresponding prefix CLS)
- General Electives Completion of Certified Nursing * (4 credits)
* Please contact Student Services with course numbers to ensure transferability.
**Applicants with a baccalaureate degree must complete only these general education courses
A 2.7 GPA is required for admission into the Bachelor of Science in Nursing program. Starting fall term of 2016, all traditional BSN students must have a 2.70 cumulative GPA and a 2.90 GPA in all designated course work. Starting summer term, 2017 all Accelerated program students must have a 2.80 cumulative GPA and 3.00 GPA in all designated course work. All RN to BSN transfer students must maintain a 2.50 GPA as of spring term, 2016.
Meeting admission criteria does not guarantee admission into the program.
All nursing students will be subject to a background check prior to admission and licensure.