Allen College—UnityPoint Health Course Equivalency Guide: Public Health 3+1
Students interested in the Public Health Program at Allen College—UnityPoint Health should take the each of the following courses.
- ENG-105 Composition I
- ENG-106 Composition II
- SPC-101 Fundamentals of Oral Communication
- SOC-110 Intro to Sociology
- PSY-111 Intro to Psychology
- PSY-121 Developmental Psych
- Social Science elective *
Allen College defines a Social Science elective as Geography, History, Political Science, Psychology, Social Work, Sociology, Anthropology, and Criminology electives.
Natural Sciences and Mathematics
- Natural Sciences and Mathematics electives * (17 credits)
Defined by Allen College as Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Earth Science, Mathematics, and Physics.
At least one course (minimum 3 credit hours) must have a lab. MAT-102 does not transfer as college level math and will not count towards the 17 needed credit hours for this category);
- Diversity Elective *: Any course exploring another culture; for example, courses with the corresponding prefix CLS or SOC-205.
- Choose 41 credits of elective courses. *
* Please contact Student Services with course numbers to ensure transferability.
A 2.7 GPA is required for admission into the Bachelor of Health Science—Public Health program.
Meeting admission criteria does not guarantee admission into the program.
All students will be subject to a background check prior to admission and licensure.