Allen College—UnityPoint Health Course Equivalency Guide: Nuclear Medicine Technology 3+1
Students interested in the Nuclear Medicine Technology program at Allen College—UnityPoint Health should take the each of the following courses.
- ENG-106 Composition II
- SPC-101 Fundamentals of Oral Communication
- Humanities elective *: Suggested: ENG-105 Composition I
Humanities elective is defined by Allen College—UnityPoint as Art, Music, Theater, Dance, English, Foreign Language, Philosophy, History, Cultures, Civilization, Literature, Religion, Economics, and Communication Arts electives.
- SOC-110 Intro to Sociology
- PSY-111 Intro to Psychology
Social Science elective * (9 credits)
Social Science elective is defined by Allen College—UnityPoint as Geography, History, Political Science, Psychology, Social Work, Sociology, Anthropology, and Criminology electives.
Natural Sciences and Mathematics
- BIO-168 Human Anatomy & Physiology I w/lab -AND-
BIO-173 Human A & P II w/lab (must be taken at the same institution as A&P I)
- CHM-122 Intro to General Chemistry with Lab
- PHY-100 Physics for Everyday Life
- MAT-156 Statistics -OR- MAT-122 College Algebra
- Math or Science elective (6 credits)
- Diversity elective (any course exploring another culture; for example, courses with the corresponding prefix CLS or SOC-205)
- General Electives
* Courses must be successfully completed prior to Radiography coursework.
A 2.7 GPA is required for admission into the Bachelor of Health Science—NMT program.
Meeting admission criteria does not guarantee admission into the program.
All nursing students will be subject to a background check prior to admission and licensure.