Allen College—UnityPoint Health Course Equivalency Guide: Diagnostic Medical Sonography Degree Option
Printable Tip Sheet [pdf]
Students interested in the Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program at Allen College—UnityPoint Health should take the each of the following courses.
- ENG-105 Composition I
- ENG-106 Composition II
- SPC-101 Fundamentals of Oral Communication
- SOC-110 Intro to Sociology
- PSY-111 Intro to Psychology
- Social Science electives * (9 credits)
Allen College defines a Social Science elective as Geography, History, Political Science, Psychology, Social Work, Sociology, Anthropology, and Criminology electives.
- BIO-168 Human Anatomy & Physiology I w/lab AND
BIO-173 Human A & P II w/lab (must be taken at the same institution as A&P I)
- PHY-162 College Physics
- MAT-122 College Algebra -OR-
- Math / Science electives * (6 credits)
- Diversity Elective *: Any course exploring another culture; for example, courses with the corresponding prefix CLS.
- Choose 17 credits of elective courses. *
* Please contact Student Services with course numbers to ensure transferability.
A 2.7 GPA is required for admission into Diagnostic Medical Sonography program.
Meeting admission criteria does not guarantee admission into the program.
All students will be subject to a background check prior to admission and licensure.