Change Your Name or Address

Prospective Students

If you have applied to Hawkeye Community College, you may contact the Admissions office to update your name, preferred name, address, phone number, or email address.

Credit Students

It is your responsibility to report changes in name, permanent address, or permanent phone number to the Registrar's Office. Students may fill out a preferred name request as well.

Updating Your Address

Current credit students can update their address on My Hawkeye * > Self-Service Menu > Students > Self-Service > User Options > About You.

Updating your address in My Hawkeye will not update your residency status. See the Residency Policy for more information.

* If you no longer have access to My Hawkeye, please print, complete, and return the Change of Address form [pdf].

Name Changes

Name changes cannot be done in My Hawkeye. You may contact any of these offices to request a name change:

  • Admissions
  • Business Office
  • Financial Aid
  • Registrar's Office

The name on your student record should be your complete and legal name. Hawkeye Community College reserves the right to require adequate and appropriate documentation when evaluating and processing all name change requests. Allow 48 business hours for the name change to take effect. A name change will not affect your network login, My Hawkeye account, and email.

Continuing Education Students

You may update your student record with your most current address, phone number, and email address by contacting Business and Community Education.

Contact Information

Registrar's Office

Hawkeye Center 114
Email the Registrar's Office

319-296-1609 (fax)

Regular Hours — Spring 2024

January 3 – May 10, 2024
Monday – Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm

If campus is closed, the Registrar's Office is also closed. This includes weather-related closings. See the Academic Calendar for scheduled college closings.

Back to top