COVID-19 Campus Updates and Resources: Wearing a face mask and practicing physical distancing are required. Visit our Stay Healthy, Stay Safe. Navigating COVID-19 Together website for more information.

Attention MET Transit riders: MET Transit has made some adjustments to Route 10 Hawkeye due to COVID-19. In order to get a ride to or from Hawkeye Community College you will need to contact Dispatch. See full announcement.

Repeating Courses

If you receive an unsatisfactory grade, you may repeat the course at Hawkeye Community College or another accredited college, or receive credit by examination.

The original course will be marked as repeated after a grade for the repeated course has been awarded. Your original grade will not be counted in your current cumulative GPA, however, it will be displayed with a <R on your transcript. You cannot repeat a course and then choose the better of the two grades. Your repeated course grade will be counted towards your academic record and transcript. This does not apply to courses designed to be repeated.

If you withdraw from a course you are repeating for a better grade, your original grade will remain on your academic record. If you receive an unsatisfactory grade in a course designed to be repeated for additional credit, the new grade does not replace the old grade.

Repeating a course with an original D- grade or better may also cause your financial aid award to be adjusted

Student Handbook Next Page >

Records and Registration

Hawkeye Center 134
Email Us

319-296-1609 (fax)

Meet the Team

Regular Hours

Mon–Fri 8:00am–4:30pm

Back to top