Changing Your Course Schedule

Drop/Withdraw From a Course

You are considered enrolled even if you stop attending classes. Non-attendance and non-payment does not withdraw you from your course(s).

Before You Withdraw

Official Withdrawal Process

  1. Be aware of withdrawal deadlines. You are not permitted to withdraw after this time.

  2. Go to My Hawkeye > My WebAdvisor > WebAdvisor for Students > Registration.

  3. Print the registration results as your documentation and proof of dropping a course(s).

You will receive a grade of "W" (official withdrawal) on your academic record. Withdrawing won't affect your GPA, but a "W" will remain on your permanent record.

Your withdrawal request date and your last date of attendance will be recorded as the day you withdraw on My Hawkeye > My WebAdvisor.

Credits in Emergency Situations

If you are withdrawing due to an emergency situation and have completed two-thirds of the semester and the requirements of the course, you may request a grade from your instructor under the following conditions:

What Happens If I Don't Follow the Official Withdrawal Process?

  • You will not be considered officially withdrawn.

  • You forfeit your right to a refund and will receive a final grade in each course in which you enrolled.

  • You will receive a grade of "F". Your last date of attendance will be recorded by your instructor.


College Catalog | Student Handbook | Next Page >


Hawkeye Center
Lower Level
319-296-1609 (fax)
Email us

Mon-Fri 8:00am-4:30pm