Liberal Arts and Transfer Programs

"I plan to transfer to UNI and double major in accounting and finance. Hawkeye lays the groundwork for that at an affordable price - and living in the dorms at UNI will make the transition easier." Jeremy Grimsman

Liberal Arts and Transfer Programs

Start Your Four-Year Degree at Hawkeye

At Hawkeye, you can earn the first two-years of your four-year degree and transfer to the four-year college or university of your choice as a junior!

When you earn your Associates of Arts degree in Liberal Arts, you are completing the general education requirements and recommended and/or required elective courses of your four-year bachelor’s degree.

Flexible Course Offerings

The Liberal Arts – AA degree offers convenient and flexible class scheduling. Find courses that fit into your busy schedule. You can take classes during the day, in the evening, or online!

  • Day classes are offered as 8-week, 12-week, or 16-week classes and may be face-to-face or hybrid.

  • Evening classes are offered as 8-week and 12-week face-to-face classes and 8-week hybrid classes.

  • Online classes are offered as 8-week or 16-week classes. You can complete your entire AA degree or most of an AS degree online!


The Liberal Arts AA and AS degrees are designed to transfer to the Iowa Regent Universities: Iowa State University, University of Iowa, and the University of Northern Iowa. Visit to assist in your transfer process.

The Liberal Arts AA and AS degrees also transfer to many private colleges in Iowa and the Midwest.

Working with an advisor will help ensure a smooth transfer to the four-year college or university of your choice.

Waverly Center Closed—Sept 23

Hawkeye's Waverly Center is closed today, Firday, September 23.


Hawkeye Center 114
Apply @ Hawkeye

Academic Advising

Who is my advisor?

Transferring From Hawkeye

Get help planning your transfer. Our transfer advisors' extensive knowledge and resources will help you make the most of the classes you take at Hawkeye to transfer to a four-year college or university.

Career Counseling Center

Need help choosing a major or career?