Library Card and Borrowing Privileges
The Hawkeye Community College Library is open to Hawkeye students, faculty, and staff; and the general public.
Hawkeye Students, Faculty, and Staff
Your Hawkeye Card is your library card. You can check out an unlimited number of most library materials.
Use your Hawkeye Card to:
Checkout Library Materials By Scanning Your Fingerprint
To enroll in the Library’s new biometric system, bring your Hawkeye ID to the desk, scan two fingers, and you’re set. Participation is voluntary.
NOTE: The image of your fingerprint is not stored in your student record. The system uses an algorithm which takes the measurement of the patterns of the fingerprint to create a unique 28 character alphanumeric ID that is used to authenticate you. Your fingerprint cannot be recreated from this code.
Members of the public may check out many library materials through the Iowa Open Access program.
Please present a photo ID to receive your Hawkeye Community College Library card.
Borrowing privileges for the general public do NOT include:
- use of most reserve materials
- interlibrary loan service
- remote access to licensed electronic resources
- checkout of videos, however you can view videos in the library
- checkout of electronic devices such as laptops, e-readers, tablets, etc.
- eligibility to enroll in the biometric system