Hawkeye Community College is excited to offer a FREE CNA class to high school students during the Summer 2020 semester!
This course is open to students who will be in 11th and 12th grade during the 2020–2021 school year.
An Iowa Department of Education grant will pay the entire cost of the course, including tuition, fees, supplies, and the Nurse Aide Competency Exam.
Date: June 1 – July 28, 2020
- Lecture is online June 1–26, 2020.
- Lab meets 8:00am – 4:00pm beginning June 10
- Clinical meets 7:00am – 2:00pm beginning June 29
Lab and Clinical Locations:
Check with your school counselor for additional details and assistance.
Registration opens Wednesday, April 1, 2020 at 12:00pm
Registration Deadline is Friday, May 15, 2020
Seats are limited. Registration is first-come, first-served. Students must complete the entire registration process (including orientation and background checks) to be guaranteed a seat.
- Login to submit an Intent to Register online.
- Select “Summer CNA” as the Course Location.
- Select the section you want from the list.
- Review the selected course.
- Submit your Intent to Register.
After submitting an Intent to Register, students will be sent information about the next step, including instructions for completing Nurse Aide Orientation [pdf] and the Background Check Disclosure and Release Form.
Contact the High School Relations team. We’ll be glad to help you explore this opportunity!