General Education Philosophy
General Education at Hawkeye is intended to teach common knowledge, intellectual concepts, and attitudes enabling people to function effectively in a diverse and changing society.
Curricular offerings are designed to:
- Enhance technical skills and employability.
- Facilitate pre-baccalaureate transfer.
- Provide a foundation for continuing education.
- Access to educational opportunities.
- Curiosity, intellectual inquiry, and creativity.
- Acceptance of social responsibilities.
- Sensitivity to cultural diversity.
Courses and instructional services leading to the Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, Associate in Applied Arts, Associate in Applied Science, and Associate of General Studies degrees, diplomas, and certificates are provided as appropriate through the following academic areas:
- Agriculture and Natural Resources
- Applied Arts
- Human Services
- Industrial and Engineering Technology
- Power Technology
- Arts and Sciences