Hawkeye Community College provides public safety coverage seven-days-a-week, 24-hours-a-day.
Public Safety Officers are trained in basic first aid, emergency procedures, patrolling and C.P.R.
Services performed include:
- locking and unlocking buildings
- random and preventive patrols of campus
- enforcement of college regulations
- enforcing college parking regulations
- medical emergency response,
- emergency message delivery
Public Safety Officers are not authorized to arrest individuals.
The Public Safety office maintains working relationships with local law enforcement authorities.
Hawkeye Center 216
Public Safety Officer
Metro Center Officer
Public Safety Manager
Director, Public Safety and Emergency Management
Executive Director of Human Resource Services
Hawkeye Center 101