Hawkeye Community College believes in providing an accepting environment for our individual differences.
All-Gender/Single Stall Restrooms
Every person is born with dignity and humanity, and that includes their gender identity. We practice that belief by creating welcoming and inclusive spaces.
All-Gender/Single Stall toilet facilities may benefit transgender populations, people who exist outside of the gender binary, people with disabilities, the elderly, parents who wish to accompany their children to the restroom, and others. Please note, though, that it is your legal right to use whichever gendered toilet facility you align with.
Main Campus Locations
- Hawkeye Center
- First floor across from the main staircase
- Second floor across from the Bookstore
- Buchanan Hall
- First floor across from classrooms 112 and 114
- Brock Student Center
- Chickasaw (Building is only open when classes are in session)
- Health Education and Services Center — Student Health Clinic
- When the Student Health Clinic is closed, ask at the front desk to gain access
Van G. Miller Adult Learning Center Locations
- First floor to the right of the entrance
- Second floor near room 208
- Third floor by room 311
Buildings Without All-Gender/Single Stall Restrooms
There are currently no all-gender/single stall restrooms available for student or public use in Black Hawk Hall, Butler Hall, Bremer Hall, Tama Hall, Fayette Hall, the Library, Physical Plant, the Cedar Falls Center, the Regional Transportation Training Center, or the Western Outreach building.
What is a Safe Zone?
Safe Zone is a community of people who will be understanding, supportive, and trustworthy of LGBTQ+ people who need help, advice, or just someone to talk to.
The purpose of Safe Zone programs is to eliminate homophobia, transphobia, and heterosexism on campuses.
The mission of Hawkeye Community College’s Safe Zone program is to educate supportive faculty, administrators and students to be competent and confident advocates for LGBTQ+ individuals.
Recognized Safe Zone Advocates
Safe zone advocates will have the safe zone symbol displayed in their work space.
Black Hawk Hall
- Tracy Grandy, Black Hawk Hall 116
- Catharine Freeman, Black Hawk Hall 258
- Patrick Geer, Black Hawk Hall 212
- Joe Toe, Black Hawk Hall 210
- Patty Crowe-Rubino, Black Hawk Hall 116
- Terry Juhl, Black Hawk Hall 147A
- Lisa Munoz, Black Hawk Hall 108
- LaCreeci Moss, Bremer Hall 120
- Marcea Seible, Bremer Hall 126G
- Bruce Costa, Grundy Hall 248
- Robin Sprague, Grundy Hall 250
- Michaela Rich, Grundy Hall 250
- Irene Metz, Grundy Hall 214
- Kassie Einfelt, Grundy Hall 214
- Patrick Malloy, Grundy Hall 246
- Robert Steed, Grundy Hall 246
- Nancy Henderson, Hawkeye Center 208
- Melissa Klein, Hawkeye Center 208
Health Education and Services Center
- Caitlin Pixler, Student Health Clinic
- Cassady Bartlett, Health Education and Services Center 228
- Mikki Savage, Health Education and Services Center 202
- Carol Luvert, Library 214
- Sarah Quin, Library 122A
- Candace Havely, Library 124
- Risa Wheeler, Library 100A
Hawkeye Pride Organization
The Hawkeye Pride Organization accepts everyone, whether you are in the LGBTQ+ community or are an ally. Learn more about the Hawkeye Pride Organization.