Diversity and Inclusion Council
The mission of the Hawkeye Community College Diversity and Inclusion Council is to help establish and sustain a set of policies, programs, practices and resources necessary to:
- Promote a campus atmosphere which visibly reflects, encourages, and values a diverse and multicultural educational environment.
- Expand individuals' appreciation of the benefits of a multicultural perspective.
- Achieve multicultural effectiveness in teaching and learning.
- Develop and sustain an increasingly diverse and inclusive college community of lifelong learning in order to effectively participate in a global society.
Our vision is an inclusive community of diverse individuals who value each other's experiences, understandings, and interpretations of the world. Valuing diversity involves deepening our understanding of how patterns of socialization, affiliation, and opportunity shape our identity and influence our perceptions. In this way, Hawkeye Community College students will be educated for, and can be effective in a global society.
2021–2022 Diversity and Inclusion Council Members
- Brandon Alves-Morgan, Manager of ELL, Adult Learning Center
- Mack Alves-Morgan, Transition Specialist, Adult Learning Center
- Hillary Anniss, Associate Director, Public Relations and Marketing
- Megan Blackford, Library Technician, Library
- Natasha Ceaser, Academic/College Success Advisor, Student Services
- Teresa Culpepper, Associate Professor, Nursing
- Nina Grant, Vice President, Student Affairs & Institutional Diversity
- Melissa Klein, Coordinator, International Student Services and Study Abroad
- Carol Luvert, Professor, Communications
- Chatara Mabry, Assistant Professor, Sociology/Social Work and Diversity and Inclusion Faculty Fellow
- Patrick Malloy, Associate Professor, Humanities
- Hiram Marquez, Graduate Assistant, Diversity and Inclusion
- Abby Martin, Admissions Rep. for Diverse Populations
- Youssef Mekawy, Assistant Coordinator, Career Services Center
- Joshua Mitchell, Instructional Tech Specialist, Brobst Teaching & Learning
- LaCreeci Moss, Retention & Transfer Coach Advisor, Inclusion & Student Success (formerly TRiO)
- Lisa Munoz, Professor, Social Sciences
- Ashley Sanchez, Admissions Rep.
- Heather Schrock, Manager, Grants/Foundation
- Paresh Shettigar, Professor, Civil & Construction Engineering Tech.
- Nadine Torsrud, Financial Aid Analyst, Financial Aid Office
- Rhonda McRina, Director, Diversity and Inclusion