Lifestyle Weight Loss Program
The Lifestyle Weight Loss Program will teach you ways to overcome the obstacles of losing weight and bring awareness of weight loss strategies.
This six-week program includes information on associated factors of successful weight loss such as nutrition, exercise, stress management, and lifestyle behavior changes.
Each week a new topic will be discussed by an expert in that field. Classes will begin with presented information and follow with question/answer and discussion.
Plus participants will receive fun incentives such as:
- a water bottle to encourage hydration,
- diet and exercise log book,
- informational handouts at each class and also information during the week via email, and
- if you attend all six classes you will be entered in a drawing for a Grand Prize!
Week 1: Weight Loss 101
- Introduction to program, behavior modification, identifying obstacles, and positive thinking.
- Include behavior modification worksheet and lifestyle change contract.
- Discuss safety and weight loss recommendations.
- Receive packet of information, water bottle, diet and exercise log.
Week 2: Nutrition 101
- Discuss what kind of diet works well for losing weight.
- Nutritional assessments.
Week 3: Exercise Programming
- Start off class with a mini-workout.
- Components of an exercise program that help aid in weight loss.
- Orientation to the weight room and equipment.
- Explain group fitness classes and personal training options.
Week 4: How You See Yourself - Body Image
- Discuss society pressures and how to have higher self-esteem and body image.
- Let go of negative self-talk.
- Reaffirm positive thinking and affirmations.
Week 5: Nutrition Follow up
- Further strategies for healthier cooking, dining out while watching what you eat, snack suggestions, and more.
Week 6: Stress Management and Overcoming Obstacles
- How stress affects your body and weight loss efforts.
- Key strategies for overcoming obstacles.
- Relaxation techniques.
Student Life Coordinator
Health Education and Services Center
Registered Dietician from Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare