A qualified Hawkeye employee or retiree can sponsor one adult to become a fee-paying member of the Health Education and Services Center. The sponsored adult must reside in the same household as the sponsoring member, and must be 18 years old or older.
Hawkeye employees are defined as:
- Full-time faculty is a current applied science or arts and science instructor for credit.
- Adjunct instructor is teaching applied science or arts and science for credit for the current semester.
- Staff is any person who is employed full-time or part-time by Hawkeye.
Hawkeye retirees are defined as determined and authorized by the Human Resources Department.
If the Hawkeye employee is no longer employed at Hawkeye or has his or her Health Education and Services Center membership revoked for any reason, the sponsored adult's membership is automatically cancelled and all membership fees will not be refunded.
If the sponsored adult has his or her Health Education and Services Center membership revoked for any reason, it automatically cancels the membership of the Hawkeye employee and all membership fees will not be refunded.
Sponsored Adults are required to show proof of same address as the sponsoring Hawkeye employee. To sponsored adult must show one of the following documents to the Health Education and Services Center front desk staff:
- Driver’s license or passport
- Piece of mail with address. Must be postmarked within four weeks of the current date. Must be official mail, ie. bill. Hand addressed, personal mail, or advertisements are not valid.
All Sponsored Adults will receive a member ID upon verification of address, full payment of fees, receipt of a copy of these policies, and signing of the Health Education and Services Center Waiver and Release of Liability Form.
- 3 months - $54
- 6 months - $90
- 12 months - $144
Must be paid in full before a member ID will be issued. Must pay with cash or check.
Sponsored adults will pay the same fees for group fitness classes and personal training sessions as Hawkeye employees.
When Hawkeye is closed, the Health Education and Services Center is closed to all members. Health Education and Services Center for recreational purposes will follow Hawkeye’s open and closure policies.
Health Education and Services Center Policies | Next Page >