Education Benefits

Guidelines for Receiving Education Benefits

  1. The VA requires schools to evaluate and report transfer credit from all prior educational experiences. Therefore, official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions that you have attended are needed to process you enrollment certification.

  2. In order to remain eligible for VA benefits, you must maintain satisfactory academic progress.

  3. You will be certified for only those courses that apply toward your degree objective.

  4. You may not repeat courses that have been previously completed with a passing grade at Hawkeye or at any other previously attended college and receive benefits for those courses.

  5. You must notify the Certifying Official at Hawkeye Community College if you alter your registration in any way. This includes:

    • dropping or adding a class

    • terminating school

    • changing programs or majors

    • any other changes that might affect your payment status.

  6. You must notify the VA office at 1-888-442-4551 of any address change.

Military and Veterans Services

Veterans Services Coordinator

Robin Knight
Brock Student Center
319-296-2329 ext.1212
800-670-4769 ext.1212
Email me


Mailing Address

Military and Veterans Services
Hawkeye Community College
1501 East Orange Road
P.O. Box 8015
Waterloo, Iowa 50704-8015

Military Friendly School - 2017
Military Advanced Education's top Colleges and Universities for 2017.
Best for Vets: Colleges 2017 list from Military Times.