Adult Basic Education, High School Completion, English Language Learning, and Metro Assessment Center Instructors
Job Vacancy Notice: 1/8/2014
Deadline Date: 12/31/2020
JOB SUMMARY: Part-time teaching assignments to be held on days and evenings:
- Adult Basic Education (ABE), High School Completion (HSC), and English Language Learning (ELL) – four levels of classes.
- Metro Assessment Center (MAC) – provides new student intake and registration, administers student assessments and high school equivalency testing, and provides instruction for high school credit classes and college brush-up courses.
QUALIFICATIONS: Ability to communicate with students and the public. Must be able to apply supervisory skills, motivate students, be personable, professional, organized, and self-motivated, do record-keeping and classroom paperwork, use current technology, have patience with and understanding of diverse student populations, and be able to learn and apply new concepts and ideas.
- ABE - Teaching certification and/or reading coursework preferred. HSC – Teaching certification and multiple subject coursework preferred. ELL - Teaching certification, TESOL coursework, or English Language Learning teaching experience preferred.
- MAC - Secondary certification in math, science, social studies, English, or reading required.
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Part-time, hourly.
- ABE/HSC/ELL Classes are held between 8:30 a.m. and 8:30 p.m.
- Metro Assessment Center hours are 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday.
Application materials are required and must be received in the Human Resource Services office by 4:00pm Central Time 12/31/2020.
If you are in need of any special accommodation in completing the application process, please notify Human Resource Services.
Human Resource Services