Adjunct Instructors & Continuing Education Instructors
Job Vacancy Notice: 12/23/2015
Deadline Date: 12/31/2020
JOB SUMMARY: Part-time teaching assignments may be at various sites and in various formats and be held on days, evenings, and weekends. Individuals will plan and guide the learning processes for students toward the achievement of curricular goals and objectives as identified and documented in course outline materials. Other responsibilities include employing instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting objectives; assessing the accomplishments of students on a regular basis according to department policies and procedures; and providing progress reports (evaluations and grades/certificates) as required.
- Teaching TRANSFER COURSES requires a Master's Degree including a minimum of 12 semester hours (18 preferred) of credit at the graduate level in the discipline area to be taught.
- Teaching DEVELOPMENTAL COURSES require a Bachelor’s degree in the discipline area to be taught including courses in teacher preparation.
- Teaching TECHNICAL COURSES require a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a related area of study or occupational area in the area of instruction, or special training and a minimum of three years (6,000 hours) of documentable paid employment related to the area of discipline. If applicable, the instructor will hold state required registration, certification, or licensure in the area of instruction.
- Teaching CLINICAL COURSES require three years (6,000 hours) of documentable paid employment related to the area of discipline. Bachelor’s degree in the discipline area or related degree, or active progress toward the attainment of such a degree. Master’s degree preferred.
- Teaching CONTINUING EDUCATION COURSES require education and/or experience related to the area of instruction. If applicable, the instructor will hold state required registration, certification, or licensure.
- PROFESSIONAL TUTORING: Tutoring opportunities may be available at times in any of the above categories (1-5). Credential requirements are the same as listed in each category.
Qualifications include the ability to communicate with students and the public. Must be able to apply supervisory skills, motivate students, be personable and professional, have patience with and understanding of students, and be able to learn and apply new concepts and ideas.
Application materials are required and must be received in the Human Resource Services office by 4:00pm Central Time 12/31/2020.
Veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If you are in need of any special accommodation in completing the application process, please notify Human Resource Services.
Human Resource Services
Hawkeye Center 101