Skilled Trades Basics
This program will prepare you for an entry-level career in the construction trades.
Develop knowledge and hands-on skills used in the constructions trades such as:
- Basic construction techniques
- Operating hand tools and measuring devices
- Blueprint reading
- HVAC, plumbing, and electrical terminology
Career Placement and Wages
You will earn a non-credit certificate of completion for this one month program and may begin earning $22,000-$29,950 per year. Starting wages do not include overtime.
You may find employment as:
- Construction trade laborers or helpers
- Electrical, HVAC, or plumbing apprentices
- Electrician, plumbing, or carpenter helpers
Who Should Enroll?
This program is for individuals who like to work with their hands, can maneuver heavy objects, operate hand equipment, and have basic math and reading skills to comprehend blueprints and measuring tools. No admissions requirements or entrance exam is needed.
Register online or call Business and Community Education at 319-296-4290.
Business & Community Education
Cedar Falls Center
5330 Nordic Drive
Cedar Falls, IA 50613
Trade and Industry Coordinator