Heavy Equipment Operator Training
3-Day Training for Women and Minorities
Receive free, interactive and hands-on training in this three-day program that will give you the basic skills and knowledge to safely operate heavy equipment and enter the high-demand construction industry as an entry-level equipment operator.
Women and minorities interested in a rewarding, entry-level career with great income potential.
What will I learn?
- Completing equipment safety inspections
- How to use personal protective gear
- Safe operation of heavy equipment
- Workplace safety principles
What equipment will I train on?
You will train using driving simulators as well as actual equipment including:
- Wheel Loader
- Dump Truck
- Six Wheel Truck
- Skid Steer Loader
What is the cost?
The program is free to women and minorities.
An Iowa Department of Transportation grant is making this entry-level equipment operator training free.
When does the program meet?
The next program start date is to be determined.
- OSHA training
- Introduction to heavy construction equipment
- Jobsite safety and personal protective gear
- Preoperation inspection
- Basic operation and driving and turning practice
- OSHA training
- Introduction to six wheel dump trucks
- Simulator training
- Pre-trip inspection
- Jobsite maneuvering and loading, hauling, and dumping practice
- Introduction to grade and fall
- Forklift safety
- Skills practice
- Workplace communication
- Job applications and interviews
How do I apply?
Contact Business and Community Education at 319-296-4290 for more information.
Business & Community Education
Cedar Falls Center
5330 Nordic Drive
Cedar Falls, IA 50613