Iowa Industrial New Jobs Training (260E)
The Iowa Industrial New Jobs Training Program (260E) can provide flexible funding to your business for employee training and development if new positions or new jobs are created within the state.
To be eligible for funding, your business must:
Be located in or relocating to Iowa.
Engage in interstate or intrastate commerce for the purpose of manufacturing, assembling, warehousing, wholesaling or conducting research and development.
Create new positions or jobs.
- Not have closed or reduced employment at other business sites in Iowa to relocate the same operation to another area of the state.
How does the program work?
The program is at no cost to your business. Training is funded by Hawkeye through the sale of certificates for the amount of anticipated tax revenue generated from new employee salaries. The revenue generated from the certificate sale is used to create a training fund for your company. The certificates are repaid by your business by utilizing a portion of the new employees withholding tax.
The funds can be used for a variety of valuable services, including:
- Job-related instruction
- Skills assessment
- Training equipment, materials, and supplies
- Customized or general instruction at your company or other facilities
- Reimbursement of training travel costs for employees
- College tuition, books, and fees
- Payment of a portion of new employees wages during training period
How do I get started?
Hawkeye Business & Industry Services staff will work with your business to create customized training programs to meet your business goals.
Business & Community Education
Business and Industry Services
1501 East Orange Road
Waterloo, IA 50701