Community Job Openings
By: Career Services Center
Date Published: Friday, June 26, 2015
Are you looking for a job while you are in school or a job in your chosen field? Start by logging into your Hawkeye Job Board account to begin searching for these jobs.
- Accountant #4066054
- Assistant Industrial Maintenance Mechanic #4063178
- Assistant Kitchen Manager #4054035
- Audio/Video Technician #4072172
- Automotive Technician #4067030
- Bookkeeper Assistant # 4059876
- Charge Nurse #4067217
- Chiropractic Assistant #4062465
- Community Living Support Associate #4064915
- Graphic Designer #4062055
- Marketing Intern #4054448
- Outside Sales Representative #4057334
- Recruiter #4071966
- Truck Driver/Farm Help #4073078
- Plus many more part-time and full-time opportunities posted daily!
More job resources.
Why You Should Be Using LinkedIn
By now, it is no secret that using social media is a key component in the job search. LinkedIn is a professional social networking website that was built specifically for this purpose*. It helps you become connected to professionals and brand yourself in your chosen field or area of expertise. Other reasons to get connected include:
It is free advertising for companies and yourself! Many employers will post job openings on their page so only their connections will be able to see the opportunities.
You are able to join groups and discussions for insight and professional development.
Connections can write recommendations for you and post them on your page.
*It is important to remember that LinkedIn is not the same as Facebook. If Facebook is a party, then LinkedIn is a business meeting. Keep everything professional and to the point. You will not post pictures of your cat and what you ate for dinner. You can, however, post your accomplishments and what you are doing professionally to get recognized.
Career Services Center
Bremer Hall 102