International Students


Hawkeye Community College has several housing options available for you.

One of the most unique features that we can offer is the opportunity for you to live in the University of Northern Iowa (UNI) Residence Halls. UNI's campus is located approximately 15 km from Hawkeye's main campus.

Living in a UNI residence hall, you will be able to take advantage of many of UNI's services on campus and have the University living experience while attending classes at Hawkeye! Plus, there is bus service to take you to and from UNI and Hawkeye. It is a great way to get the best of both environments!

Hawkeye Community College will not secure your housing arrangements for you. Your housing contract will be between you and the provider.

See additional housing options.

Applying for UNI Housing

If you are interested in living at UNI, you need to apply for housing early. They fill up fast!

  1. Email the International Student Admissions Program Coordinator with your name and the date you expect to arrive at the Waterloo Municipal Airport.

  2. Complete a UNI housing contract. Fill out the information completely. Be sure to write very clearly or type your responses.

  3. Fax your completed housing contract along with the UNI Housing Contract cover letter to the fax number on the cover sheet.

  4. Be prepared to pay your application fee and housing deposit upon arrival to UNI.


International Student Services


Marina Durinova
Hawkeye Center 208
telephone (voice):
    +1 319-296-2329, ext.1590
   +1 319-296-1028
Email me

Mailing Address

Hawkeye Community College
International Student Admissions
1501 East Orange Road
P.O. Box 8015
Waterloo, IA 50704-8015

See Mailing Options

Follow our Blog