UNI College of Social and Behavioral Sciences
College of Social and Behavioral Sciences majors include:
- Design Family and Consumer Sciences
- Political Science
- Social Work
Transfer Course Equivalencies and Admissions Requirements
The following course recommendations are for students pursuing their Liberal Arts - AA degree at Hawkeye.
We encourage you to visit a Hawkeye Advisor in Student Services and work with your UNI advisor to plan the courses you need to take at Hawkeye to transfer to the major of your choice.
The requirements and the prerequisites to be admitted to the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences vary by major and are subject to change without notice. Please check with UNI for verification of courses.
UNI Liberal Arts Core
Students completing Hawkeye's Associate of Arts degree following the specifications of Hawkeye and meeting all conditions of Hawkeye's articulation agreement with UNI, will have met UNI's Liberal Arts Core requirements with the following exceptions:
Capstone must be completed at UNI after transfer.
- A course in Non-Western Cultures must be completed either at Hawkeye or at UNI. Hawkeye offers the following Non-Western Cultures courses:
- CLS130 African Cultures
- CLS141 Mid Eastern History and Culture
- CLS150 Latin American History and Culture
- CLS160 East Asian History and Culture
- CLS164 Japanese History and Culture
- CLS172 Russian Civilization
- HIS214 Russian History and Culture (This course does not fulfill the AA degree humanities requirement)
Foreign Language Requirement (for students graduating from high school or earning a high school equivalency diploma in 1989 and later).
You must meet one of the following requirements to fulfill the Liberal Arts Core Foreign Language Requirement: