UNI College of Humanities, Arts, and Sciences
College of Humanities, Arts, and Sciences majors:
- Communicative Disorders
- English Language and Literature
- Modern Languages
- Philosophy and Religion
- Theatre or Music
Degrees, admission requirements, and suggested electives for each major within the College of Humanities, Arts, and Sciences vary. We encourage you to visit a Hawkeye Advisor to plan the courses you need to take at Hawkeye to transfer to the major of your choice.
These admissions requirements are subject to change without notice. Please check with UNI for verification of courses.
Liberal Arts Core
Students completing Hawkeye's Liberal Arts - AA degree following the specifications of Hawkeye and meeting all conditions of Hawkeye's articulation agreement with UNI, will have met UNI's Liberal Arts Core requirements with the following exceptions:
Capstone must be completed at UNI after transfer.
- A course in Non-Western Cultures must be completed either at Hawkeye or at UNI. Hawkeye offers the following Non-Western Cultures courses:
- CLS130 African Cultures
- CLS141 Mid Eastern History and Culture
- CLS150 Latin American History and Culture
- CLS160 East Asian History and Culture
- CLS164 Japanese History and Culture
- CLS172 Russian Civilization
- HIS214 Russian History and Culture (This course does not fulfill the AA degree humanities requirement)
Foreign Language Requirement (for students graduating from high school or earning a high school equivalency diploma in 1989 and later).
You must meet one of the following requirements to fulfill the Liberal Arts Core Foreign Language Requirement: