UNI College of Humanities, Arts, and Sciences
College of Humanities, Arts, and Sciences science departments/majors:
Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees are available for each major.
Requirements and suggested electives vary for each major and degree, so students are advised to consult closely with their Hawkeye advisor and UNI advisor on an ongoing basis.
Transfer Course Equivalencies
The following course recommendations are for students pursuing their Liberal Arts - AA degree at Hawkeye.
We encourage you to visit a Hawkeye Advisor in Student Services and work with your UNI advisor to plan the courses you need to take at Hawkeye to transfer to the major of your choice.
These requirements are subject to change without notice. Please check with UNI for verification of courses.
Not all emphases are listed below.
* Students interested in BA degrees in Biology and Geology, Biomedical, Biotechnology, or the Earth Science majors, may select MAT122 College Algebra AND MAT134 Trigonometry and Analytic Geometry OR MAT128 Precalculus in place of MAT210 Calculus I AND MAT216 Calculus II.
* MAT210 Calculus I AND MAT216 Calculus II are not needed for BA degrees in Biology and Geology, but would be needed for the BS degrees in Biology and Geology.
** Students interested in Biotechnology, Bio-Chemistry, Chemistry Environmental Emphasis, Earth Science Interpretive Naturalist Emphasis, or Geology Environmental Science will need to complete BIO112 General Biology I AND BIO113 General Biology II.
UNI Liberal Arts Core
Students completing Hawkeye's Associate of Arts degree following the specifications of Hawkeye and meeting all conditions of Hawkeye's articulation agreement with UNI, will have met UNI's Liberal Arts Core requirements with the following exceptions:
Capstone must be completed at UNI after transfer.
- A course in Non-Western Cultures must be completed either at Hawkeye or at UNI. Hawkeye offers the following Non-Western Cultures courses:
- CLS130 African Cultures
- CLS141 Mid Eastern History and Culture
- CLS150 Latin American History and Culture
- CLS160 East Asian History and Culture
- CLS164 Japanese History and Culture
- CLS172 Russian Civilization
- HIS214 Russian History and Culture (This course does not fulfill the AA degree humanities requirement)
Foreign Language Requirement (for students graduating from high school or earning a high school equivalency diploma in 1989 and later).
You must meet one of the following requirements to fulfill the Liberal Arts Core Foreign Language Requirement:
Hawkeye Center 208