University of Iowa College of Business Administration
College of Business Administration majors:
- Management of Information Systems (MIS)
Complete an Application for Admission by the deadline.
Minimum 2.75 GPA in
- all business prerequisites,
- all college-level courses including transfer courses, and
- all courses taken at Iowa.
Admitted to the Henry B. Tippie College of Business Administration
Complete 60 college credit hours.
Complete the following prerequisite courses with a minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA. You must receive at least a C grade in each course.
* Recommended to complete before you transfer
If you do not meet all the admission requirements before you transfer, you will be admitted to College of Liberal Arts as a pre-business major.
Accounting Major Additional Admission Requirements
In addition to the above admission requirements, students pursuing a degree in Accounting must have at least a:
- 3.0 GPA on all Iowa and transfer coursework
- B- average in ACC131 Principles of Accounting I and ACC132 Principles of Accounting II
If you do not meet the admissions requirements, you will be admitted to Iowa as a pre-accounting major.
If you need to complete preparatory work in mathematics, you may wish to complete extra electives at Hawkeye due to the transfer of lower level Algebra classes.
MAT102 Intermediate Algebra and MAT122 College Algebra courses do not apply towards your graduation requirements at the University of Iowa.
If you are transferring as a junior you should plan an internship between your junior and senior year as soon as you arrive or before.
Core Business Classes
Core Business classes are not required for admittance, but can be completed at Hawkeye before you transfer.
General Education Requirements
Students completing the Liberal Arts - Associate of Arts degree from Hawkeye are considered to have met all general education requirements with the exception of Global and Cultural Studies. To fulfill this requirement, you can either:
take a fifth semester of a foreign language OR
take one of the following courses as part of your Associate of Arts degree at Hawkeye:
Associate of Arts degree Category V. Cultural Diversity courses:
- COM148 Diversity and the Media
- HIS277 History of Women in the US
- LIT133 Minority Voices in US Literature
- LIT189 Women and Literature
- SOC205 Diversity in America
- WST101 Women’s Studies
Associate of Arts degree Category VI. Elective courses:
- ART203 Art History I CLS150
- ART204 Art History II
- CLS130 African Cultures CLS169
- CLS141 Mid Eastern Hist. & Culture
- CLS150 Latin American History and Culture
- CLS160 East Asian Cultures
- CLS169 The Pacific Century(TV)
- GEO121 World Regional Geography
- HIS117 Western Civilization I
- HIS118 Western Civilization II
- HIS119 Western Civilization III
- REL101 Survey of World Religions
Foreign Language General Education Requirement
You are required to complete the Foreign Language requirement for the College of Business if you have not:
- earned an Associate of Arts degree,
- graduated high school between 1985-1991 and have at least 24 credit hours or more earned, or
- graduated high school prior to 1985.
Students may be admitted without this requirement on a conditional basis.
To fulfill the Foreign Language requirement you must:
- complete two years of a foreign language in high school, OR
- complete two semesters of a foreign language in college, AND
- complete intermediate courses of the same foreign language at Iowa.
The following are courses that may be taken at Hawkeye to apply towards the foreign language requirement.
Hawkeye Center 208