Bachelor of Science - Clinical Laboratory Science
Hawkeye Community College and Allen students interested in the Bachelor of Science - Clinical Laboratory Science program should take the each of the following courses.
- ENG105 Composition I
- SPC101 Fundamentals of Oral Communication
- Diversity course (any course exploring another culture: for example, course with the corresponding pre-fix CLS)
Humanities elective (3 credits)
Humanities elective is defined by Allen College as Art, Music, Theater, Dance, English, Foreign Language, Philosophy, History, Cultures, Civilization, Literature, Religion, Economics, and Communication Arts electives.
Examples may include, but are not limited to, courses with corresponding prefixes: MUS, ENG, PHI, LIT, REL and ECN.
Please contact Student Services with elective course numbers to ensure transferability.
- SOC110 Intro to Sociology
- PSY111 Intro to Psychology
Social Science elective (3 credits)
Defined by Allen College as Geography, History, Political Science, Psychology, Social Work, Sociology, Anthropology, and Criminology electives.
Examples may include, but are not limited to, courses with corresponding prefixes: GEO, HIS, POL, PSY, SOC and CRJ.
Mathematics / Natural Sciences
- BIO168 Human Human Anatomy & Physiology I w/lab
BIO163 Essentials of A & P
- BIO112 General Biology I
- BIO113 General Biology II
- CHM165 General Chemistry I
- CHM175 General Chemistry II
- BIO185 Microbiology w/lab
- Math elective (6 credits-courses with corresponding pre-fix MAT. Statistics is recommended.)
- Elective courses in any field (30 credits)
A minimum 25 earned semester hours of college credit (including at least 6 hours in natural sciences) and a 2.7 GPA is required for admission into the Clinical Laboratory Science program.
Meeting admission criteria does not guarantee admission into the program.
Molly Quinn, Recruiter
1825 Logan Ave
Waterloo, IA 50703