Liberal Arts Academy
The Liberal Arts Academy gives you the chance to take general education classes and earn college credit before you graduate from high school! You can take courses in humanities, natural sciences, mathematics, social sciences, and communications.
The Liberal Arts Academy is designed for high school students interested in earning their four-year degree. You can complete the Liberal Arts Academy in high school, earn your Associate’s degree at Hawkeye, and transfer to the four-year college or university of your choice!
- Your school district pays for courses and provides the textbooks.
- You are responsible for transportation costs to course locations.
- You are responsible for any supplies, field trips, and activities out of the classroom.
Who can participate?
- Any 9th-12th grade student who meets the requirements.
- Students who are able to travel to the course locations.
What can you do after you graduate from high school?
If you complete the Liberal Arts Academy, you will receive up to 22 credits (approximately a $3,000 value) toward your Associate’s degree! You can continue your education at Hawkeye in programs such as:
You can transfer to four-year colleges and universities including, but are not limited to:
- Allen College
- Central College
- Iowa State University
- Loras College
- Mount Mercy University
- Simpson College
- University of Iowa
- University of Northern Iowa
- Upper Iowa University
- Wartburg College
Where are courses located?
Liberal Arts Academy course locations:
Hawkeye Center - Lower Level