Office Hours—Spring 2014
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 1:00–2:00pm
- Tuesday and Thursday: 11:00am–12:00pm
Courses I Teach
- CLS130 African Cultures
- CLS141 History and Culture of the Middle East
- SOC208 Introduction to Cultural Anthropology
- SOC820 Genography
I have been teaching college since 1992. At Hawkeye, I primarily teach introductory classes on Africa and the Middle East. My interests include African history, the history of science, technology, and medicine, Islamic art and architecture, and the modern political history of the Middle East. I have traveled extensively through East Africa, as well as traveling to Turkey, and Senegal. I speak Swahili.
- Ph.D., African history; University of California, Los Angeles
- MA, African Area Studies, University of California, Los Angeles
- BA, (Linguistics intensive) University of Michigan
This is the Faculty Directory page of the Hawkeye Community College faculty member named at the top of the page.
Faculty Directory pages are those of the authors and do not in any way constitute official Hawkeye Community College content.
Authors of these pages are responsible for obeying all relevant laws and College policies.
Views expressed on these pages and any pages linked to are strictly those of the page authors.
About the Faculty Directory
Request a Faculty Directory or Course Page